Sunday, March 7, 2010

Being Vegan in Disney World

Being Vegan/Vegetarian isn't always easy in Disney World. That is of course, unless you visit the Polynesian Resort with Chef TJ!!!! Chef TJ is known in the Vegan community for preparing the most exquisite 6 course meals in Disney. John and I visited him on our second day there, and we were completely blown away!! Check out the yummy pictures below and please note I shot these with my point and shoot so sorry if the quality is low.

First course: Salad wrap with lemon poppy dressing:



Second course: Roasted red pepper hummus, babaganoush and fresh pita chips:


Third Course: Omg my favorite soup of all time! I'm not sure what was in it, but I know there was watercress, ginger, vegetables, fresh skewered roasted tomatoes and peanuts!!



Fourth Course: Vegetable Low Mein Appetizer


Fifth Course: Bok Choy! With pomegranate and pepper sauce.


Entree: Our mouths dropped when we saw TJ walk in with this masterpiece! And it tasted even better than it looked! It included beer-battered tempura asparagus, orange flavored tofu, mixed veges, rice and the most amazing sauce I've ever had in my entire life!



Dessert: A mountain of tofutti ice cream, vegan cookies, hershey's chocolate sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment