Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."





Only some of you know this, but my husband John and I actually missed our honeymoon to Japan because I was afraid to fly. It was a really upsetting story because we lost all of the money for the honeymoon too, due to some weird fine print on expedia.

I never thought I would fly again because I used to get panic attacks even thinking about flying. When I heard about the mission's trip to El Salvador through my church, I really felt called to go. But there was one huge obstacle in my way, getting over my fear of flying. So I really prayed about it day after day for God to give me the strength to go through with it and the peace to not be nervous about it.

I just want to thank God for letting me get over my fear to serve Him in El Salvador and to step on 4 planes in order to go. I want to encourage anyone who is feeling afraid of something, or thinking they could never do something- really pray about it. "Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."-Philippians 4:7

Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment